Friday, September 10, 2010

Basically Barbie



I probably have mentioned this before, but earlier this year Mattel released a line of 12 dolls called Barbie Basics.  These were a group of dolls dressed in basic black dresses (of different designs) and of different colours and ethnicities.

I'm not sure what number this doll is but I do remember the date I bought her because it was the same night I waited in a long line to get the new Iphone 4 which was released here on July 30.  LOL  Darren and I took turns in the line so we didn't lose our spot and I wanted to check out the Kmart at this shopping centre.  It was one of those nights when I just had an urge to get a new doll and eventually I decided to buy this lovely doll.

I would say her nationality is meant to represent Latino/Hispanic.  To me, she just has a lovely face and I like her slightly darker blonde hair - a change from the usual platinum or very light blonde hair.  However, I've been debating whether to cut her hair into a bob to match the length of har rather long fringe.  What do you reckon?

No comments:

Post a Comment