Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Debut



I got this silkstone last year.  She is called the Debut silkstone.  The reason being is that 2009 was Barbies' 50th Birthday and in celebration of that Mattel created a caucasian and AA version of the original Barbie from 1959.

All the silkstones use the original Vintage Barbie face mold, but in the case of this doll, her facial screening and ponytail hairstyle are based on the original Vintage Barbie.  I believe this is also the first silkstone that has come out with this super pale skin-tone as well. I just had to get her not only in honour of Barbies' 50th but I also love her platinum hair and pale skintone.  The outfit she is wearing is by Dressmaker Details and is called Platinum Pleasures.  There is also a gold version of this outift but it is extremely limited and pretty much impossible to find for sale.  Maybe someday I will get lucky and will be able to get the gold version of this outfit and for a reasonable price.

Well...one can dream.  LOL

2 comments:

  1. Her hair is just stunning and looks amazingly silky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the gold version of the outfit....and I wish I had the silver one to go with it. Always the way......

    ReplyDelete