Friday, April 2, 2010

Birthday Wishes


Above is one of the Birthday Wishes Barbies from around 2007 I think.  Again, the ever popular Steffie face mold is being used here.  I really liked her soft colouring and strawberry blonde hair.  The outfit she came with is what I dressed that convention Giselle in (pic of her below).

The dress in this pic is from the Tarantino Barbie.

One gripe I have with Mattel is they cheap out a lot.  Sometimes they give us dolls that are just perfect in every way and other times the quality can be very questionable.  Especially when it comes to their hair!  Whilst this doll has lovely curls at the front, if you saw the back you'd be horrified!!  There are no curls but just straight, frizzy hair!  Also a lot of times I see some big bald patches on the dolls - like they are skimping out on how much hair they root them with.

But despite all that, I still really love this doll and her sweet look.

1 comment: