Friday, June 11, 2010

Darius
















In these pics we have Darius who was one of Mattel's first line of dolls with the 'Model Muse' body.  As you can see the MM bodies come in various 'posed' positions as also depicted in the Barbie Basics dolls I have posted pics of.  

There have been a lot of comments in the doll community on how 'thin' the bodies are but it does not personally bother me as I have never associated fashion dolls with real life body image.  Also, these dolls don't seem as popular because they are not articulated.  Whilst I do lean a bit more towards articulated doll bodies now, I still do appreciate those that aren't as well.  The way I see it, most of them are just posed at that moment when they reach the end of the cat walk.  LOL

This is another Fashionista closet fashion with earrings and bracelets added.  Many people have also said that this doll resembles Paris Hilton a lot.  Sadly, I can see the resemblance (I peronally cannot stand Paris Hilton) but I think she has less plastic than Paris.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment