Saturday, March 6, 2010

Most I Paid for a Doll


This is the 2008 Wu Convention exclusive doll Tatiana.  When I first saw pics of this doll I totally fell in love with her.  Her oh so pale skin, her colouring and she reminds me so much of Famke Janssen from the first James Bond movie that starred Pierce Brosnan.  I knew I would never be able to get her as she was selling for at least 3 times the price paid for by people who were able to attend the convention but again, thanks to a great doll collector friend, who was able to attend the convention and buy the doll, I was able to buy her.  This was the most I have so far ever paid for one doll and that was $300US but my friend Cathy was kind enough to let me pay for her in 2 instalments.  

Every so often you will see a doll that just really speaks to you and Tatiana did and this was one instance where I was willing to pay such a high price for a doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment